Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Children - The Greatest Form of Birth Control EVER!



Over the last couple of months there was some serious discussion about getting pregnant. I really want/wanted a fall baby so I knew I had to conceive before February for this to happen. So a plan was put into place to go to the doctor and get things ready to be a fertile Myrtle again. I was even trying to find a place to get a Rubella shot before things kicked off. (I'm not immune to Rubella for some reason and I've tried to get a shot ever since I had Tray but no one seems to have them.)


I was actually excited to have this baby because it was going to be our last and I was more than happy to have our family complete and be done with the pregnancy thing. So this week was supposed to be the week that I went to the doctor. Then something happened......


my children reminded me that I'm not ready to add another holy terror to the human race.




Last week was hell!!! I committed everything from telling Tray that he had to find a new mom because I didn't want to be his mom anymore, to locking myself in my room (and by locking I mean I sat in front of the door so my kids couldn't come it because we have no locks) and crying for a while, to contemplating running away.




SIDENOTE: What was the most sad about last week was that when I told Tray he had to find a new mom, he was kinda excited about it. He got himself completely dressed and sat on the couch waiting for me to take him to the "New Mom Store". He did finally realize that if he found a new mom that I wouldn't be his mom anymore and then he was upset.




I felt and acted like such a horrible parent I was really surprised that my neighbors didn't call DCFS on me. There was screaming and yelling and kids throwing things tantrums, potty accidents, crying, toy snatching and just all out hell.






So needless to say, if we ever do get the itch to have another child it won't be for some time. Aren't children great forms of birth control!

6 comments:

: said...

Oh Kami-pretty much I'm laughing out loud because we've all done this...no parent out there can deny locking themselves in their room or going out on the deck
in -20 degree weather to 'calm down' or threatning their kids with new parents ;-) Your a great mom and any kid (or future kid) is lucky to have you. Keep writing these funny blog worthy stories.
P.S. Health Department should have a Rubella Vaccine(MMR)...but you know, the best way to build up a antibody is to expose yourself;-) (good luck with that)

Jaci said...

lol!! the new mom store kills me! I am laughing so hard right now!

hardest job in the world by far!

Celee said...

I freakin love you! We have ALL been there! I'm still laughing! Come see me soon! Love ya- Celee

Chelsey said...

{WOW} DO YOU LIVE MY IN HOUSE HOLD? I CAN TOTALLY RELATE ON THIS ONE! I KNOW WHAT THE WEEK OF {HELL} REALLY MEANS! AND JUST TO THINK WE ARE ADDING ONE MORE TO THE SPIT FIRE AT THE CHRISTENSEN'S! AGHHHHH....FREAKS ME OUT TO THE MAX!!! THE BEST PART ABOUT MY {HELL} WEEK NATE CAN USUALLY CALM BOTH MINE DOWN BY A STURN VOICE AND LAST WEEK THEY BOTH LAUGHED IN HIS FACE. NOW WHAT DO YOU DO?! BUT, WE ALL DO GO THROUGH THE {HELL} WEEKS AND SOMEHOW WE SEEM TO MAKE IT THROUGH, SO I THINK YOU SHOULD JUST GO AHEAD AND GET YOU ANOTHER LITTLE SPITFIRE AND KEEP SHARING THE FUN STORIES! GOOD LUCK!

Anonymous said...

Dear Sweet Kamie-
I hope your thanksgiving is a good one. Like you, I am just thankful for the things I still have. Material things aren't always in abundance. but the blessings of the Lord aren't always seen. There have been times when I have locked myself in my room when my kids are crying that they are hungry. It's rough. The lord never gives us trials that we can't handle. You have darling little ones. They are always so cute at church. You are a good mom. Don't let Satan bring you down. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! RL

The Morris Family said...

Definetly know the feeling! Being a Mom is the biggest rollercoster of emotions you could ever have!!! The highs are high and the lows are low, but definetly worth every minute of it! If you really are only going to have one more, don't wait too long! I waited too, long(4 years) for my last and the gap is more than I wanted! Good luck and next time you have a good Mom moment, just hurry and get pregnant!!!

Out of Pocket

I knew that having a baby would max out our insurance deductible and the kids have needed their tonsils out for a while so this was the year...