Sunday, November 15, 2009

Christmas Time

This girl I work with had an awesome idea on what to get your kids for Christmas. If you're like me I feel overwhelmed with all the possibilities of what I could get my kids. I had a list a mile long and I just didn't know where to start or where to end. So when I heard this idea I jumped right on it.

Each child gets:
1 outfit
1 toy
1 educational gift
a Santa gift
and a stocking


Can I tell you how long it took me to shop for my kids. An hour and a half and only 2 stores. I was really tempted to get more because I knew Tray wanted so much stuff, but I reminded myself that both kids have birthdays in January so I could get them the other things then. I'm so glad my friend shared this with me and I hope that maybe it will give you an idea and help to relieve some shopping stress so you can enjoy the holidays more.

6 comments:

All About Us said...

Not the idea! That we posted the same thing! thought I better add that!

All About Us said...

Ha Ha!! That's weird

Rachel said...

This is the perfect list! I also struggle with knowing how much is enough - I'm definitely going to use this!

Jeff.Shauna.Kason said...

Thanks for the idea. I just might have to use it.

Heidi Barson said...

Is there lots of stuff in the stocking? Because they are the best!!! And will the one out fit be complete with accesories and shoes?? If so, not a bad idea. Haa haa... You know me. I just love PreSenTs!

Anonymous said...

Kami, this is such a great idea. Like you and yours, we too have fallen upon rough times. Using your plan I think I can get all my christmas shopping done for 5 kids for 20.00 a child. Your blog has been an inspiration to me. I thoroughly enjoy reading what silly shananigans your family has been up to. Thanks again!
Sincerly, RL

Out of Pocket

I knew that having a baby would max out our insurance deductible and the kids have needed their tonsils out for a while so this was the year...