Friday, June 24, 2011

My Little Monster

8 Months Old-
This is my "little" big monster. I helped to shape him into that. He loves to cuddle to fall asleep and sleeps the best when mom is holding him. This makes getting things done around the house nearly impossible. But I can't be mad because I love that he lets me baby him like that still.
Just this week he has started going from laying to sitting by himself and actually standing up when you hold his hands. He would not put weight on his feet and that was kinda making me nervous but now he's a pro. He scoots around the floor backwards and will get on his hands and knees to rock.  I'm sad though, I thought that with Dylan not being as far as my other kids were at this age he would stay a baby longer, but I'm sure within a few weeks he'll be right on track with his brother and sister.
He just cut his 3rd tooth and the 4th is about to break through any day. He looks like a vampire.
He started clapping this week too. His favorite song is Pat-a-Cake so it was only a matter of time before he started clapping along with it.
He still LOVES Tray and Kinlee and would sit and watch them play all day if they would stay in the same room as him. I'm sure when he's fully mobile he won't have a problem following them around the house.
He went swimming for the first time yesterday and had so much fun! He loved watching all the kids play in the pool and loved playing in the water.
He totally surpassed the weight restrictions on his car seat so we had to get him a new one, so that means he gets to sit in the cart at the store like a big kid. The look on his face is so cute, he knows that he's a big boy and feels so special.


  
I can't get enough of this boy. I could hug and kiss him all day and I usually do.

No comments:

Out of Pocket

I knew that having a baby would max out our insurance deductible and the kids have needed their tonsils out for a while so this was the year...