Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Rollercoasters

This week was a whirlwind of emotions for me. I think I may be growing out of my harsh bitter phase and back into my -crying at a Full House episode- phase. ~I hate hormones!!!!~
Kelsey came home to visit for a few days this week!!!! I was so excited to see her. I was secretly (well everyone knew so it wasn't a secret) that after meeting her adorable niece for the first time that she wouldn't go back to New York and stay here to help me with my kiddies. Much to my pleading and hinting, it didn't work. Dang it! She will be back in August though for longer than 5 days so I think I can make it until then. Maybe by then I can teach my kids some tricks that will melt her heart and hypnotise her into staying in Utah. Wish me luck.

Sunday we celebrated what could be the last time that my family is all together in one place for a while. Kylie left Monday morning to go to Idaho to work. She will be working fighting wild fires. She won't be back until October. Kelton is getting ready to put in his mission papers and hopes to have his call this summer. And of course Kelsey committed to another year in New York.

It didn't hit me until Monday when Tray asked if he could go see KyKy. I just started crying when I thought of our family being apart for so long. We've always been so close. Even when we've had our differences, I knew I could turn to my siblings for anything.

Sunday was also a special day because Travis gave Kinlee her name and a blessing. He did a beautiful job. It was great to have our families there to share such special blessing with. I hope that Kinlee can have the opportunity to fulfill all the blessings promised to her that day.

And to end my week.....I read Twilight. I put it off for as long as I could stand it. But with all the buzz about book 4 and a movie, and when the visiting teaching discussion turned toward it, I knew I couldn't control myself any longer. I hated how fast I was addicted to it! Seriously, it scared me a little. My first night reading it, I dreamed of Edward. I feel like a silly little girl in middle school. Don't worry, I have the rest of the books on the way. In the meantime, I will read Twilight AGAIN! I have to feed my Edward craving somehow.

Enjoy the slide show!!


No comments:

Out of Pocket

I knew that having a baby would max out our insurance deductible and the kids have needed their tonsils out for a while so this was the year...