Monday, August 3, 2009

I'm a Big Kid Now!!!

I think we finally had a potty-training break-through!!!!
It's been a week of straight toilet use for this kid! I can't tell you how excited I am. I honestly thought this kid would be baptized in a swim diaper! But something finally clicked and we are having great success! In fact, just the other morning even Kinlee peed on the potty. I figured while I was still in the potty-training mode I might as well go with it!

I think there were two things that really helped, the e-book, 3 Day Potty Training, it seriously helped me more than anything. It really emphasizes using positive reinforcement and it's something that I really needed to change in my everyday parenting too.
The second thing that helped was prizes. Tray had a sticker chart and if he peed 10 times he got a toy and if he pooped once he got a toy. I just went to the dollar store and got a bunch of little toys that he liked and I kept them where he could see them.

I am so proud of him and what a big boy he is now!!!!

2 comments:

Dave and Jayme Richards said...

Great Job Tray!!! Lyvie says "I'm happy Tray!!" What an accomplishment! And good on ya Kami, for finding the positive, I may just have to borrow that book...

: said...

That's awesome!! Next step----getting them to wipe their own butts....Good Luck! :-)

Out of Pocket

I knew that having a baby would max out our insurance deductible and the kids have needed their tonsils out for a while so this was the year...