Monday, August 25, 2008

A Family Tradition

If you know the Bronson's you may know that we have a big family reunion every August with my Grandma Edith and her children. The reunion comes complete with a theme, planned activities that relate to the theme, and lots of fun and laughs. We've been having this reunion since I was in the 5th or 6th grade. I think 1994, 15 years of reunions! Wow, to say that out loud it seems like a lot. I remember when we first started I would sit at our window and watch for my cousins to drive by so I could go over and visit with them. We would stay up all night playing night games and sleeping out on the grass with my cousins. It was so much fun.
I'll just mention some of the themes just so you have an idea of how much goes into planning these things. We've had "Boot Camp" "Pioneers" "Olympics" "Knights" "Circus" "Decades" "Mountain Man Rendezvous" "007" "Luau" "Disney Movies"

Obviously there are more themes but I can't think of all of them right now. My grandma saves a piece of memorabilia from each reunion to hang on the walls of the party shed and it's pretty much covered by now.

This year the theme was "Superheroes" Rusty, Marlie, and Ruger (AKA Incredibles)

Grandma Edith (AKA Wonder Woman)

Travis and Kelton (Mr and Mr Incredible)

My crazy aunts Jean, Rita, and Connie (AKA I don't know who they were being)

4 comments:

Dave and Jayme Richards said...

You guys have such a fun family!!! Now if our family reunions were like this, I'd for sure go! how fun & what a good idea!!1

Erin said...

I'm so glad you posted pics of the reunion! I was bummed to miss out this year. Maybe not too bummed to miss out on the crazy aunt act. They never cease to amaze me.

Looks like it was a blast. We're planning on being there next year!

Anonymous said...

Thats sad that I only made it up there for an hour or so. Hmph..Maybe next year. I wonder what my Dad and crazy cora will come up with! Welp..Love Ya Heidi

Sarah Black said...

I'm so sad we missed out this year. We have such a great family! Looks like it was a blast.

Out of Pocket

I knew that having a baby would max out our insurance deductible and the kids have needed their tonsils out for a while so this was the year...