Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Turtles, Indians, & A Dead Deer

I have been trying to get Tray ready for Halloween. Last year I bought his costume in September and had no worries. Now I'm waiting until the last minute to do it. Oh well. So I have is narrowed down to two.


Turtle or Indian


I think I'm going with the turtle because it's a little big but that means I have plenty of room to layer for the cold weather. Plus he looks so darn cute in it!!!! *note* interesting thing about the turtle costume... it's almost 15 years old. It was Kelton's when he was a little boy and has been pasted down from there. Grandma has the best costume box ever!!!!


On the opening morning of the deer hunt Travis shot this trophy



He is ordering a mounting kit so I get to have a deer skull hanging on my wall. Yipee!!!!(If you caught my sarcasm good for you!)

Update on our shopping challenge. We made it to Thursday. Yeah we only went 4 days without going to the store. I had to get Travis his groceries for the hunt because he couldn't live on noodles for a whole week and he was in charge of 2 dinners for all the camp. But this experience has opened my eyes a whole lot. It inspired me to go to the cannery and get some food storage started. I don't know how long we can live on hot chocolate and dried milk... but it's a start. Well I did get some onions, flour, oats, sugar, & rice. I also plan to go again to get some macaroni and other things. We also purchased us a freezer... now I know it's useless in a power outage but at least we have the space now to get more frozen goods. I plan on getting some Rhodes dough since I haven't a clue on how to make bread. We have a long ways to go before we even have a 3 month supply but at least we have something.


I started my 3 day weeks at work this week!!! I am so excited to finally be closer to staying home all the time (well 4 weekdays)! I've already started some projects that I hope to have finished before Kamryn gets here. I am planning on painting some stipes in the laundry room tonight. I will let you know how that turns out.

No comments:

Out of Pocket

I knew that having a baby would max out our insurance deductible and the kids have needed their tonsils out for a while so this was the year...