Monday, October 15, 2007

Weekend Sickness

So our weekend was filled with the flu!!!! Tray got it Thursday night right in the middle of CSI. That was probably the saddest thing I have ever experienced with him. We were up most of the night. So Friday I made Travis call into to work so I could go to work. Well I got sick in the morning, not with the flu thankfully, and so I went to work for an hour and came home to relax. We missed our temple trip and I was so upset!!! But we have plans to go soon. Saturday I had a primary activity, our program was Sunday. Well that was a little stressful... so it gave me anxiety and I scrubbed my house!!! I had to get rid of all those flu germs. They were freaking me out. Sunday morning Travis woke up and made breakfast. Tray still wasn't eating a lot but he did have one sausage link. So off to church we go. Travis informed me that he wasn't feeling so hot. I just thought it was a lame excuse to not go to church. The program went great! I of course was pouring tears by the closing song!!! (that's not hard to do with a pregnant woman though). As soon as we get home, Travis came down with the flu! (at least I didn't have to make dinner). Now I'm just waiting for my turn. I hope that while I was cleaning saturday that I killed whatever germs were living on me with bleach and that I won't get sick.
In other news... our bishop gave us a challenge on Sunday to not go to the store for 2 weeks and to live off our food storage. Well my food storage consists of a case of roman noodles and corn. I didn't make it to the grocery store last week so we are out of milk, eggs, bread, and meat. This challenge has brought a little tension between Trav and I. I feel like I shouldn't have to sacrifice my health (pregnancy) to live off of no groceries for two weeks. I hate roman noodles and I seriously suck at keeping my cupboards stocked. We could probably make it to Friday, but after that....no promises. Travis is also leaving on the deer hunt and it's my annual weekend to go to Hunan Village. But lesson learned.... if there really was a tragedy we would probably be the first to die of starvation. Too bad I missed the case lot sales. And we should probably invest in a freezer and get a beef so we can have some meat.
Well enough rambling.... I'm off to bed.

No comments:

Out of Pocket

I knew that having a baby would max out our insurance deductible and the kids have needed their tonsils out for a while so this was the year...