Monday, March 3, 2008

My busy body Tray!

Some updates on Tray!


He's had grown to be quite a handful lately! He has tantrums, he does naughty things, he has selective hearing, he's experiencing growth spurts, he's just Tray!


- Growth spurts
I didn't take Tray to his 2 year checkup because he didn't need shots and I didn't feel like paying a co-pay to have the Dr. weigh him. So I stuck him on the scale the other day and he weighs 36 pounds. He wears a size 4T and 6 in diapers! If he gets any bigger without being potty trained I'm going to have to buy him depends!



Tray is so naughty sometimes! Everyday he does something that just pushes my buttons. Like today, I gave him an orange slice while I went to nurse Kinlee. He went downstairs to eat it. I went down 10 minutes later and it was smashed all over the entertainment center and chewed up and spit on the floor.

Never fail, everyday Tray dumps out all his toys right when he gets in the basement. I finally bought multiple storage boxes to organize them and now he just dumps out two boxes everyday. Today I also found him sitting in the garbage can watching Spongebob.

Tray loves watching tv. I know I'm not going to win mother of the year exposing who really babysits my child, but in order for me to even go to the bathroom I have to keep him preoccupied and tv is the only thing that keeps his attention for longer than 30 seconds. His FAVORITE show is Spongebob. No lie, when it starts he will search the house for me to tell me that it's on. He loves movies and they change every week favorite wise. I made a goal this week to cut back on his tv time. I even bought some craft projects to do. I just hope it gets warm soon so we can go outside!

Tray's new bath! For a while Tray was afraid of the shower. I don't think he liked the water hitting him, he probably felt trapped. Well the last few times I've thrown him in the shower with either myself or Trav he has loved it and wants to stay in by himself. I'm all for this method of bathing because he doesn't drink the dirty bath water, he doesn't fill his toys up and dump them on the floor, and he gets his hair washed. Yea for showers!

The leash- Yes I have purchased a leash for my child. Call me crazy or whatever but let me tell you of my first and only shopping experience with 2 kids and just me. I went grocery shopping. I had to carry in the carseat and try to wrangle Tray through the parking lot by the hood of his coat. He only fell in the sludge once. He WILL NOT hold anyone's hand while walking. He will not get in the cart and has to be seatbelted in or he will climb out. So in the front of the cart he went. The carset went in the back. WHERE DO YOU PUT YOUR GROCERIES????? Tray picked up my soda out of the back of the cart by the lid and spilled it all over the floor. I couldn't get half the stuff I needed because there was nowhere to put it. I have to keep most of my food out the range of Tray's reach. Impossible when a carseat occupies the majority of your cart.

The only solution I had was to let Tray walk so I could put the carseat in the front. I am never in the mood to chase my child around the store and he has selective hearing (he selects to not hear his parents) so I figured the only option I had was to put my child on a leash.

It really is a cute leash. It's a monkey backpack and the tail is the leash. He loves it and it works great. We used it when we went to Wal-mart after bed shopping. He even had on a yellow coat and he totally looked like Curious George. I will take a picture of him in it soon so you can see! I know eventually he will figure out that when he wears his monkey pac-pac he is tied to me, but until then, I can shop in peace, kinda.

No comments:

Out of Pocket

I knew that having a baby would max out our insurance deductible and the kids have needed their tonsils out for a while so this was the year...