Monday, March 3, 2008

Can you say stress?!?!?!

So Monday, February 25, I was woken up with a phone call from Nucor. I thought is was going to be my dad. Instead, it was the secretary there asking for Travis. He was still in the job pool for the Plymouth plant and she was calling to say that they needed permission from NBS (Nucor Building Systems) to let Travis be considered for a position at their plant. So I texted Travis to tell him to call Sandy. From that moment on we were taken on a roller coaster of emotions until Tuesday night.
At first NBS told Trav that he couldn't transfer for a year. That made us a little upset since he was put in the hiring pool before he was offered a job there, and they never said anything about giving a year commitment to them when they hired Travis. I cried at this news.
Later, Travis texted me and said they changed their minds. He had a meeting with his bosses and for some reason they never made the group that was hired with Travis sign the commitment so it was sort of a special situation and they said that he could transfer.
Travis called Sandy to tell her he could transfer. Five minutes later he got a call offering him a position at the mill. This was a total shock to us! We were expecting them to do more interviews (Travis has had 5 interviews out there) and that we would have a few days to make a choice if he was offered anything.
Travis asked if he could call back in the morning with his decision. What a night filled with prayers, scripture study, and of course streaming tears from me! It was so hard... our minds were telling us one thing and our hearts were saying another! It wasn't until 6 the next morning that we reached our final decision and I was still crying for most of the day.
Travis made the choice to stay at NBS. Both places had good and bad things about them, and I left the choice up to Travis. He followed his heart and made the choice that I know will benefit our family. I love that my husband is so in tune with the spirit and that we have that to help us make tough decisions that come up in our lives.

No comments:

Out of Pocket

I knew that having a baby would max out our insurance deductible and the kids have needed their tonsils out for a while so this was the year...