Monday, March 3, 2008

A luau

ALOHA!!!!!!


Saturday, Febraury 23, we made a trip to Pocatello. Kylie plays softball at ISU and they were having a fundraiser luau. I didn't get it until on the way home why it was a luau. Her team is in Hawaii right now playing ball. DUH!!! I'm an idiot. Anyways, we had fun watching the girls do some hula dances. They even roasted a pig and had the whole carcass, including the head, laying on the table! It was a fun night, and especially fun to get out of the house.


We did have an incident with Tray while we were there. He had reached his maximum attention capacity and was running all over the place. My mom and Kabrie were nice enough to take him out into the hall so he could run around out there. Well after 10 minutes or so I looked back and I saw my mom talking with some ladies, and Kabrie was coming back to the table but I didn't see Tray anywhere. I asked Kabrie where Tray was and she said he was with mom. Well he wasn't. So after a frantic search by Travis, Kabrie, and Kelton, Tray was found on the next floor down wandering the halls. We were lucky he didn't end up outside alone!


Other than the lost child incident we had fun, especially watching my mom and dad learn to hula! Kylie's team must have raised enough money because she is in Hawaii right now! I hope she brings us home something cool!


(Kelton was the 3rd person in line for food! That's why he's the only one with a plate on the table, by the time Travis and I got to the food it was almost gone and they were picking meat out of the pigs head! I passed on the pork!)

No comments:

Out of Pocket

I knew that having a baby would max out our insurance deductible and the kids have needed their tonsils out for a while so this was the year...