Monday, March 3, 2008

Say Click, Take a Pic!

How much stress can one person experience in a week. Well I started the week with stress and ended it that way as well.
I really wanted to get Kinlee's pictures done so I made the appointment and asked my mom to come with me to help with Tray. So Friday off we went to Logan. Kabrie didn't have school so she came with us as well.
We went to Wally's first (Wal-mart) and I found Kinlee a cute Easter dress that she could wear in her pictures and got her some tights and I made the decision to leash my child and bought one of those also. (More on the leash later)
We were in Wal-mart for maybe an hour and Tray did well. No tantrums were seen! My pictures were scheduled for 3 so we headed to the mall to Penny's. When we walked in the waiting room was full! They were behind. We were a little early so we walked around to see if they had anything cute for Kinlee to wear. No luck. I decided to go and feed Kinlee so she was happy for her pictures and my mom and Kabrie took Tray for a ride in his stroller. I don't know what time I actually got in to do my pictures but it was late. Kinlee did great but when it came time to do Tray's pictures he was not having it! The poor photographer was new and I felt bad she had to work so hard to get Tray to cooperate. As for me, I was sweating bullets because he was being so naughty! I finally said forget it and send him out. I wanted to get some more pics of Kin and had bought her a cute tutu and ballet shoes. She was done though and just cried the whole time. That's why I dressed her up at home and took some myself.
So now you have to wait 20 minutes to even see your pictures. Well mine took 45 minutes I swear. Well it probably just felt that long because Tray was having a meltdown in the middle of the mall! I just cannot handle him sometimes. My mom ran to a store with Kabrie and Tray was playing on the food toys, Kinlee was sleeping in my arms, and I was sitting on the bench. Well a lady came to talk to me and when she left, Tray was gone. He was in the arcade sitting in the moving car. He wouldn't get out to save his life. So I had to drag him by his armpit from the arcade to the photo studio with him screaming! I'm surprised that the authorities weren't called on me. I finally got him calmed down, and 2 minutes later he was throwing another tantrum. I had enough! I picked him up and took him outside and had a stern conversation with him. It worked and he was a good boy until we left. Needless to say, we were at JC Penny's for 3 hours! But I did get some good pictures, too bad the ones with Tray and Kinlee didn't turn out though. But I am not trying that again. Next time we do pictures it will just be Kinlee getting them done and Tray will be staying home. Except we do need an updated family photo. Grr.......

No comments:

Out of Pocket

I knew that having a baby would max out our insurance deductible and the kids have needed their tonsils out for a while so this was the year...