Wednesday, September 5, 2007

The End of a Decade

Well the end of a wonderful decade has come for me. In the next few months I will make the transistion of working full time... to being a Domestic Diva!!!! (Stay at home mommy) I am so excited for this change. It's been something that Travis and I have wanted for a long time. So last night as I was laying in bed I thought it would be funny to list all the places I've work in the past 9 years (yeah I know it's not a full decade but close enough)

1. North Valley Catering - I worked here for 5 years I think. Not great pay- but it was a riot!!!

2. Stylish Designs- I started my Junior year of Highschool and that is where I work today. I did take a leave of absence for like 4 years.

3. Subway - Yes I was a sandwich artist. I only worked there for 6 or 7 months. I was working 4 jobs and this was the one I chose to drop.

4. Standard Examiner - I wrote for the teen section that came out on Mondays

5. K-mart - For the short time I lived in Provo - I spent 2 months of it working at this place. I hated it so bad that I just didn't show up to work one day and that was the end of that.

6. Convergys - For the last half of my Provo experience I sold cell phone to prequalified people. I sucked because they said I was too nice and not aggressive enough. Go figure.

7. Information Alliance - After a little incidenct with another job I was force to work in telemarketing again. This time I called businesses and did surveys. It wasn't that bad except for when you had to do a 45 minute survey with someone. And having Heidi there with me made the job bearable.

8. Envision Mortgage - I didn't do loans or anything like that - I just did the bookkeeping.

9. Munns Manufacturing- I worked here for almost 3 years. At first it was the best job I ever had... then it wasn't so much fun.

10. Feel Good Fashion/Stylish Designs - This is where my journey ends. I will still work a few hours a week - just for my sanity - but other than that, I am retired!!!! This is seriously the best job I ever had. I couldn't have worked for a better boss than I have right now.

I was going to try and find some pictures from some of my places of employment but the only one I think I have beside a tootsie roll smile from Munns... is one with a noodle up my nose at North Valley. If I find it I will post it just for a laugh.

No comments:

Out of Pocket

I knew that having a baby would max out our insurance deductible and the kids have needed their tonsils out for a while so this was the year...