Friday, April 29, 2011

Happy 1/2 Birthday!

I can't believe how fast 6 months has gone by! It's hard to believe that in another 6 months he will be blowing out a candle!

This boy is obsessed with food. But not baby food. He wants to eat what everyone else is eating. Every morning he has some of my smoothie and he's always trying to reach the kids' plates when they are eating. He was boobing the other night while I was eating so I gave him some asparagus and he LOVED it. He just sat there sucking on it and would scream at me when I took it away.


He loves graham crackers. Unlike Tray who would just crush his crackers and smear them all over, Dylan actually eats his! The other day I was busy cleaning and I came into the kitchen and Tray had gave Dylan a piece of his sandwich. Dylan was in heaven! He did mostly just squeeze it in his chubby fists but he did munch on some of it.
These two are best friends. I love the way Dylan lights up when he hears Tray coming in the morning. He gets so excited and kicks his chubby legs so fast. Tray adores Dylan as well. Kinlee is coming around to Dylan now that he is more active and Dyl loves to laugh at Kinlee. Dylan also LOVES Daisy. The first time I actually saw him reach for something he really wanted was to pet her.
Dylan now has 2 bottom teeth. I almost have Dyl completely weaned which is bittersweet. I just want him to be my baby forever! I could still kiss him all day long! I love his chubby cheeks and his toothy smile. His laugh melts my heart. I love when I bend over him and he reaches up to grab my face!
We're practicing sitting up alone, but I honestly don't want him to because that means he's growing up. He still hates being on his tummy. He can roll both ways but chooses not to. He likes to just sit and watch everything going on around him. He can hold his own bottle when he wants to. He loves to make noises. He still doesn't sleep through the night and I only have a few weeks until I have to get that taken care of. I don't think Grandma will appreciate waking up at 4 am to feed him.
We just love our buddy to pieces!  I couldn't imagine our family without him!

No comments:

Out of Pocket

I knew that having a baby would max out our insurance deductible and the kids have needed their tonsils out for a while so this was the year...