Monday, April 18, 2011

The Best Bites You'll Ever Bite!

I am absolutely in love with this website.

I saw this cookbook the other day while shopping and I thought I'd give it a try.
I might be a little obsessed with cookbooks. I usually just buy them to read. So I snagged this puppy up and went home and sat on my couch and read the entire book.

I was instantly in love! I loved how all the recipes used ingredients I bought regularly and actually knew what they were! I even found recipes I could adapt to my diet plan.

I knew I had to check out their website too. I have been in heaven ever since. I can't wait until my diet is over so I can try some of their treats and breads!

Some of the things I've made so far....
Black Beans
Turkey Burgers - Huge Hit!! I could eat these every day
Egg Salad BLTs - We used Turkey Bacon and made them into a wrap
Creamy Lime Cilantro Dressing - I didn't get to eat this one but my family said it was awesome
French Dip (just the roast recipe)
Spicy Honey Chicken
Honey Citrus Vinaigrette
Lime-Cilantro Rice with Pineapple - Didn't get to eat this either but Kelsey loved it
Teriyaki Sauce
Fauxtisserie Chicken

I'm sure I've made more too. I'm just so in love with this website. I spend hours a day just looking at all the yummy things I can make!

Oh an I just got a new calling for church and I volunteered to be in charge of the refreshments for the enrichment nights just so I can use more recipes from this book. I think these look amazing.

1 comment:

Ash said...

I'm a little obsessed with this website as well. I just made the strawberry cream pie and it was delicious. I want to cook a big feast every time I go to their site. Mmmmm.

On another note, congrats on your hard work with your diet! I'm so proud of you for sticking to it and being so successful. I can't wait to see you this summer!

Out of Pocket

I knew that having a baby would max out our insurance deductible and the kids have needed their tonsils out for a while so this was the year...